Friday, August 7, 2026

introduction °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

 Hello :)

 My name is Haley! I moved to Boston a few months ago in the hopes that leaving the south would heal my spirit a bit more. There is nothing better than being close to the sea and getting to have a real autumn; the northeast really does grant my every wish. I think it's working quite well so far. In my free time, I read a lot and write occasionally, and I never quite like anything I write but sometimes I'll post it anyways.

 I think and write mostly about sex, femininity, violence (aren't all of those intertwined?), and sometimes ocean life. Reading Moby-Dick in college altered the course of my life forever and, to me, it is the ultimate epic of trauma exploration--- I think it holds the secrets of the universe. If it doesn't, then surely the ocean does.

Along with my Melville admiration, other authors I've come to love are Gabriel García Márquez, Toni Morrison, Clarice Lispector, Kazuo Ishiguro, Jeanette Winterson, John Steinbeck, and Joan Didion, just to name a few. As a writer, I know I likely won't ever touch the depths they have reached with their work, but it's nice to dream.

 I started writing when I was a little girl, writing little stories whenever the urge struck me. But when I was 12 or 13, my mental health started to decline, and writing became a way to self medicate. It remained like this for years, with writing being more of a need than want, and I wasn't half bad for some time. Then, after I left college, it became harder and harder. I don't know if it's because I became more knowledgeable and, in turn, more self-critical, or I just became so depressed for so long that I couldn't function the same, but regardless of the reason, writing has not been so simple the past few years. I lack motivation, discipline, and, yes, talent. The muscle memory is gone.

But I'm trying. Slowly but surely, I hope to get back to a place where the words flow naturally and can extend my soul to the material world. I know it takes effort. So I'm trying to find places I can utilize to make it feel fun again; that's why I made this blog.

Even if zero people come across my page and I'm permanently shouting to no one but myself, at least I'll have written something down every once in a while, and that, I think, is enough. 

 This blog is an eternal work in progress as I learn how to mess around with HTML and CSS, and as I figure out how to make a web space that truly feels like me. I have temporarily abandoned most other forms of social media, but I love the internet too much to let it go completely. 

Welcome to my blog!

Love,

Haley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

paint ⋆˚꩜。ּ

locked away (in a memory)

When I was old enough to find it on Google Maps, I called it “the shack.” Baseboards hanging on within an inch of life, decaying wood painte...